Home
FREE Sign Up
Sign In
Search
Help / FAQ

Facial Hair About men Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Aug 21, 2015 at 05:01 PM

I have noticed that about 75% of men over the age of 60, and maybe younger, are sporting facial hair these days. Why? Personally, I find it to be a turn off. To me it's not clean, and I'd avoid the bristles. Are the men getting lazy and don't want to spend the time shaving, or are they hiding an ugle scar or something? I know that those same men would avoid me if I didn't carefully groom my hair and apply make-up. They'd find me plain and unappealing, but the women are expected to accept the furry face. Color me picky about the prickly face.

• 5Comments

• View author's info Recommended Posted on Nov 09, 2017 at 06:38 PM

The way a person chooses to adorn themselves, or not, as the case may be, makes each person individual and fantastic, something to be celebrated. I personally love makeup because it makes me feel my best. I have friends who love going natural and look great. I love beards or a shaven face on guys, whatever feels comfortable and best to the guy. And you know, some of us ladies, most of us, have to do things to take care of facial hair too, ha ha.

Members Only

• View author's info Recommended Posted on Nov 04, 2017 at 05:12 PM

The answer to that is simple, they might be planning a trip to the Alaskan tundra and have to build a quick igloo to escape the bitter cold, the beard and mustache help them not get frostbite on thier facial area.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 12, 2017 at 12:44 PM

Id say just look for those that shave... Hair is a natural thing, a personal preference, it can keep you warm in the winter. And many women like facial hair on men.... Makeup on a woman turns me off by the way. Women do this to make themselves look something that they are not. Might as well wear a mask.

• View author's info Posted on Dec 30, 2016 at 09:39 PM

I'm 66 and have had my stash since I was 20. The beard is only about 5 years old and it is due to lazyness. Got tired of shaving daily.

• View author's info Posted on Oct 19, 2015 at 08:54 AM

Sorry you feel that way.

I can't speak for others, but personally I feel I look better with a beard & moustache.

I don't wish to try looking like some young buck. I know better.

Not all facial hair is created equal. Mine is soft and I sense you've been exposed to brillo pads.

Follow - email me when people comment