Home
FREE Sign Up
Sign In
Search
Help / FAQ

Age appropriate About men Forward to friends

• View author's info Author Posted on Feb 12, 2012 at 08:22 AM

Someone tell me why our searches are filled with men looking for women WAY under 50.
  • 11Comments

• View author's info Posted on Nov 02, 2016 at 11:57 AM

I have absolutely no idea why a man would be remotely attracted to a woman 30 years his junior.  I am incredibly attracted to older women and always have been.

• View author's info Posted on Aug 16, 2014 at 10:24 PM

This article is so well written. I too have lost two fabulous loving women in my life. I feel that I would like to spend the rest of my life with another loving woman whom I could have fun with and continue on daiiy adventures, I am not ready to lie down and die, well not right away. You know none of us know when that day will come. My next partner will be with no strings attached, she can leave whenever she feels like, I don't want, and am not looking for a caregiver. I want someone to have fun, see things, and enjoy  adventures every day, come what may.  

So we all age, and I think that is just part of who we are, we shouldn't be a shamed because we got older, we should be happy we have lived this long and we still have a way to go...

Maybe I will find the perfect woman, again into my life, who knows....

• View author's info Posted on Jun 19, 2014 at 09:45 AM

Well I don't know I have been looking for a woman in the 50 to 90 age group, with a preference for 60m upwards really, and am finding that at 70 I am outside most womens age range of choice.

I couldn't cope with someone younger than my children and only a few years older than my grand children. I know there are younger women in their thirties who I could start dating, but it just cannot work for me. Anyone who has lost someone cannot help thinking that they don't want to loose another partner. I have lost two, one at 57 four years younger than me the other at 65 five years younger than me. However I would still be happy to form a relationship with someone older than me.

• View author's info Posted on Jan 13, 2014 at 03:47 AM

I think the women have become discouraged. You don't want to feel foolish. For us, time is growing shorter because not too many men want a much older woman. Personally, I would like to meet a man who is younger than me because I don't want to have someone 76 before I know it - 76 being the average age for men to die. I took care of my husband for 16 years while he was very sick and I just don't want that anytime soon. If it happens, I will step up to the plate, but I would rather have a good 10-15 years in first. Also, I think it is difficult for women online to express that they are still interested in making love. I think if men started reading that on women's profiles, they might get the wrong idea...or take it the wrong way...

• View author's info Posted on Jan 02, 2014 at 07:02 AM

I guess I would fall into your "geezer" category (65, albeit with most of my hair and all of my teeth), and, like you, I wonder about men my age who focus on women (almost girls, in some cases) who may have gone to school with the guys' daughters.  

Each to his or her own, I guess, and I have to say that, when I was in my early twenties, I dated not only women my own age, but also as much a twenties years older...but, I guess that's the point...it was about the individual woman, and not a "type" that conformed to objective specifications.

HOWEVER, I have run across a related phenomenon that I wasn't expecting. Not on this site, since I am brand new here, but elsewhere, and not always online.  I set out in the hopes of finding and getting to know women around my own age, but younger woman...a majority being in their forties...seem to show the greatest interest.  Some even have made a point of how mature they are in their thinking, etc. as if they think the issue is their youth, rather than my desire to avoid appearing ridiculous or my determination to find a partner, as opposed to future fulltime caregiver.

Of course, I admit that, if I were to mention remembering where I was when I heard that JFK had been shot, and the woman I was with said, "Oh, yeh, we read about that in history class," it would be unsettling.

One thing I have noticed, that may be a factor, is that many women my age, and who post or respond to online profiles or ads, seem to have written themselves of as physically desirable, or else they may feel the raw passion is something they have outgrown. 

I have lived long enough, made enough mistakes, and learned enough (often the hard way) to know that trust, communication, mutual respect and consideration, good intentions, warm hearts, and shared laughter are far more important that, shall we say, pleasurable friction.  Maybe the guys trolling for post-teenagers don't get that, but the rest of us do.  But, I also what to share my life with a woman who would enjoying necking on the sofa, non-prefunctory hugs and kisses, and, yes, some occasional encounters between the sheets that are as wild as we still can mange, or as tender as our love, depending on our mood at the time.

I hope my perception that most available women my age have written off some of the physical aspects of inimacy is inaccurate.  I hope that not only for me and other men, but also for the women.  Is it that the messages they receive, e.g. the geezers shopping for younger women, leave them feeling so unattractive that they feel that a guy who would be interested in them in THAT way must have something wrong with him, or that, "If he wants ME for that, he must be really hard up?" 

If I love you for your heart, your mind, your kindness, your wit, and your many other lovable qualities, I suspect I also will want your body...because it is YOUR body, and I will want to be as close as we can be, in every sense.  Is that difficult to understand or to accept?  Do most women feel THAT differently...are OUR wrinkles as sags too great an obstacle or distraction?

Tell us geezers it ain't so, please! 

• View author's info Posted on Dec 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM

How about the 65 - 70 year old geezers with the comb-over (or none at all!) the jelly-belly, the yellow teeth (or none at all - - just kidding!) looking for the hot young 18 to 35 year old.

I could understand (somewhat) if they were looking to be somebody's  sugar-daddy, but most of these codgers don't look like they're in a tax bracket that would support that kind of deal.

Unless they are Buffet, Beatty, McCartney, Jagger or Eastwood why do they think they would have a chance with a pretty, nubile young thing? What in the world do they think they have that would interest an 18 year-old? Or even a 50 year old? Might be, there's a whole lot of men out there suffering from a sad case of DELUSION!

Members Only

• View author's info Posted on Jun 11, 2013 at 08:22 AM

It seems to be an ego thing..sometimes on both men and women's side..It makes  one feel young at heart, to know they are still attractive and still "got it". I don't agree with it, but It's just this woman's opinion. As for me, I have already raised my children, why in the world would I sign up for another round .. lol.. ;)..K
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 31, 2012 at 07:09 PM

. . .speaking strictly for myself, much of it is a sexual thang!
  • View author's info Posted on Dec 05, 2012 at 08:56 PM

Please sir, why don't you spell it out for us mature women, why senior men advertise for much younger women. I too am curious.
  • View author's info Posted on Jul 12, 2012 at 05:12 PM

I can't believe you can be over 50 and not know the answer to your own question.
  • View author's info Posted on Feb 13, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Because there are men and women as young as 25 using this site.
Follow - email me when people comment